By accessing this site and/or posting any information on this site, you hereby assent to and agree to comply with and be bound by all Terms, Rules and Policies herein, as well as all applicable laws and regulations (local or otherwise). If for any reason you do not completely assent to and agree to comply with and be bound by any and/or all Rules, Policies and/or Terms herein, you are hereby prohibited from accessing this site and/or posting any information anywhere on this site. This site is protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
1. Rules For Posting Information
NOTICE: Users and parents of users are encouraged to visit OnGuardOnline.gov
for tips from the Federal Trade Commission on protecting kids’ privacy online.
All of the following apply to all users at all times:
i. Do not post any information that is obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violates any law or is in any other way harmful or offensive.
ii. Do not post any of your or anyone else’s personally identifiable information anywhere on this site. (I.e. Do not substitute the ‘Nickname’ field with either your first or last real name.)
iii. Do not post any information that my pose a threat to your privacy or the privacy of your family or anyone else.
iv. Fundraising on this site is prohibited, unless you are raising funds for Cancer Really Sucks and you have obtained written permission to do so from an authorized Cancer Really Sucks representative.
v. Advertising of any kind is strictly prohibited on this site.
vi. Any user posting information that includes ideas from external sources (website, book, magazine, etc.) that are not the user’s original thoughts and/or ideas must acknowledge and cite the source in their post.
vii. All information posted on this site will automatically become the sole property of Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc.
We strive to provide support for teenagers in a safe, family-friendly environment. In order to keep this environment safe for all users, the Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc. staff will make reasonable efforts to monitor information posted on this site before it becomes public. Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc. reserves the right to edit, remove, and/or delete any information posted by users, for any reason, without notice. Additionally, any and all information posted on this site expresses the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of Cancer Really Sucks.
2. Use License
- i. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on this site for personal, non-commercial, transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc.’s site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- ii. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc. at any time at its sole discretion. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- i. The materials on this site are provided “as is”. Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc. makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc. does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc. or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc.’s site, even if a Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc. authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage, and to the extent permitted by law and/or equity. Additionally, in no event shall Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc. be held responsible in any way for the content of any information posted by users.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on this site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc. does not warrant that any of the materials on its site are accurate, complete, or current. Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc. may make changes to the materials contained on its site at any time without notice. Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc. does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc. has not reviewed all of the sites linked to this site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc. of the site. Use of any such linked site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Cancer Really Sucks and/or Gems of Hope, Inc.’s site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
i. Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
ii. Our sole objective in collecting and using personal information is to fulfill the purposes we specify, and for compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
iii. We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
iv. We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge and/or consent of the individual concerned and/or that individual’s parent or guardian as required by law.
v. Personal information should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up to date.
vi. We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss, theft, unauthorized access, as well as unlawful disclosure, copy, use or modification.
vii. We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles to protect and maintain confidentiality of personal information.